Adjusting app duration within existing Layouts
In the Layouts tab you are able to manage all of your Layouts. Layouts can contain one or multiple apps. By placing multiple apps within a Layout zone you can control the looping duration of each app within a particular Layout.
1. Navigate to Layouts.
2. Click on the Edit Icon () next to the Layout you would like to edit.
3. The Layout Designer for that Layout will open.
4. Click on the blue zone in Step 1 you’d like to change.
- Add a new app to the schedule by clicking an app under Step 2. (Your current apps only appear if they are built to fit in the zone selected)
- Edit the duration of the apps in Step 3 by changing the minutes and seconds next to each app in the list (Minimum amount of time suggested is 00:30 seconds per layout). No need to hit Save or Enter.
- Arrange the order of your apps in Step 3 with the Sort Order up and down arrows
- Users can also remove items display by deleting it from the schedule in Step 3
Note: Once setting a new time duration in Step 3, the timing automatically sets and changes, Users simply have to reload their Screens so that changes made apply to the display.
Advanced Layout scheduling within Layout Scheduler
In the Layout Scheduler tab you are able to set a duration or dayparting schedule for multiple Layouts.
1. Navigate to Layout Scheduler
2. Either Add new Layout Schedule and select Dayparting or Duration or Click on the Edit Icon () next to an existing Layout Schedule you would like to edit
- Duration vs Dayparting: Duration allows you to set layouts to appear for durations of time in an infinite loop. Dayparting allows you to set layouts to appear particular times of the day.
3. The Scheduling Details for that Layout Schedule will open.
- Click on the
on the Edit Icon () next to the Layout in the schedule you’d like to change. Set your new timing in the popup window and hit Save.
- Add a new Layout to the schedule by clicking Add Layout Change. Select Layout and timing and hit Save. (Your current layouts only appear in the popups drop down) Edit the duration of the apps in Step 3 by changing the minutes and seconds next to each app in the list. No need to hit Save.
Note: In the Duration option of the Layout Scheduler, there is no need to add a Layout more than once. The Layout Schedule will simply loop through the timings you have set infinitely.